I enjoy music – I enjoy a lot of music, and I enjoy music a lot. Music affects us deeply; it can change our mood and it can bring back memories in a powerful way. Over the last decade, we have put together a massive Christmas play list, and we enjoy our Yule tunes a great deal each year.
If you don’t have some great Christmas music, why not start collecting this year? If you buy MP3s you can pick and choose the ones you like (listen to the previews). Build a playlist (or several) that is perfect for your family.
If you are interested in my suggestions:
- We are big Trans-Siberian Orchestra fans. Their Winter Palace is our current favourite single.
- Also very good are Christmas – Plain & Simple I & II by Michele Mclaughlin. The piece Celtic Christmas was our best find last year.
- If you want some outstanding instrumental music, I suggest Christmas Solitude by Steve Sensenig. Mostly piano, mostly classics.
- Like the a capella sound? A few years ago, a young friend put us onto The Caroler: Christmas With The Coats.
- Want something fun and offbeat? Try Oy To The World – A Klezmer Christmas – I mean you have to have Joy to the World in Yiddish!
- And just to show you how odd my musical tastes run, check out Santa Claus Is Freaking Me Out
Links may be Monetised
Image Credit: @ Idea go | freedigitalphotos.net