As part of the 2013 Awesome Husband Project, I am going to recommend some must read marriage books. If you are like me, you do not have a lot of time for reading so this will be a short list. All the books I recommend have at least one idea necessary for you to understand to be an awesome husband. I will suggest one book a month at most.
These books provide the basic tools needed to be an awesome husband. I am pretty good at fixing things without the right tools, but doing well so it is long-lasting, and doing the job without hurting yourself or doing damage to anything requires using the right tools. That is what this list of books is about: giving you the tools you need to be an awesome husband for the long haul, without hurting yourself or breaking anything!
A few thoughts and disclosures up front:
- Not all of the books are about marriage. A couple are more about life, but teach something you must know to be a good husband.
- Not all of these books will be Christian. I am not going to list anything at serious odds with Christian doctrine, but there is great stuff out there that comes from people who are not followers of Jesus. Truth is truth, and wisdom is wisdom.
- I am going to include affiliate links to the books when possible, but my motivation is not making money; I really think you need to read these books! If you can borrow the books from a friend or get them for the library that’s great. You can find many of these books at used book stores. If you know a low-cost source for any of the books I mention, please post it in the comments.
- If time is a problem for you or if you just hate reading, you might try audio-books. I will list audio-book sources when possible.
- If you are a pastor, or have the ear of your pastor, I highly suggest you make sure that all these books are in your church library.
- There are some great books I will not mention because all their ideas are found within the other books I mention.