Okay, I don’t really mean to only pray when everything else has failed, but I’ve been guilty of this approach, and I suspect I’m not alone. We should pray early and often!
Yes, you can and should pray God will soften your wife’s heart and show her truth. Additionally, I would suggest all of the following if they apply:
- Lord, is she wrong, or am I, or are we both wrong?
- Show me anything I have done, or am doing now, that is contributing to this.
- Is this the right time to address this issue?
- Is this something you want me to live with for the time being?
- If she refuses to change, what should I do?
- What is the best approach?
- Lord, help me to speak and act in love and to show grace.
Seeking change is a delicate thing, even when the other person is clearly wrong. Surrounding the attempt in prayer is a very good plan!
Can you do me a favour? If you buy on-line, would you please start from my Shop to Give page? Your cost is the same, but I get a small affiliate fee for pointing you to the web site. It really does help me. (And no, I have no idea who buys what.)
There are more than 200 websites listed, sorted by category. For example: