If your wife is participating in Black Friday I feel your pain, and I pray you’ve managed to avoid the front lines. However, you can do things to make her day better:
- Watch the kids. Do it well, and have the house decent when she drags home.
- Have a good dinner ready for her, and choose something you can have ready or reheat when she gets in. (Simple is fine, take out is fine.)
- Run her a bath and let her soak for a very long time.
- Bring her a cup of tea, or something stronger, depending on her tastes.
- Massage her feet until she asks you to stop or falls asleep.
- Listen as she recounts her great buys and shopping victories.
Even if you think it’s silly to go shopping on Black Friday (or maybe especially if you think it’s silly), don’t put her down if she feels it’s important or fun. You could enjoy teasing her, but supporting her will bring you both better returns in the long run.
By The Way: If you’re going to do any on-line shopping, would you do me a big favour and start from my Shop to Give page? It takes you a few seconds to find and click the link, and then I get a bit of cash for your efforts. If most of you did this, it would really add up. Below are a few of the more common links, with plenty more on the Shop to Give page. Many Thanks!