Just a thought.... Would it be worth listing a few of your affiliate links directly on this page, so that if someone agrees that it is a great idea to support you in this manner, they have a list of products to choose from, all in one place. The links here could either be directly out to the products website itself or to your blog post that mentions the product in context. There is probably even some clever widgetry that would automate the list for you, so that it stayed up to date automatically. Love the blog... Thanks!
(Aff Link) and Monetised links
Occasionally you will see (Aff Link) after a link, or “Links may be monetised” at the bottom of a post.
- The short version of this is I am going to get a bit of money if you follow that link and make a purchase.
- The long version is that I’m looking for ways to make some money from what I do here so I can work less and have more time to do what I do here. HOWEVER, I refuse to promote something because I will make money if what I am promoting is not something I think will really help my readers. Your trust means too much to me to promote junk. We’ve been told we have a rather high response rate when we share a link – affiliate or otherwise. I assume that happens because we have a record of providing good quality links. I’m not going to ruin what it took a decade to build just to make a few dollars.
- I get a lot of emails asking me to promote something, and I reject the majority. Feel free to contact me, but if it’s a book I want to read it, and if it’s a service I want to check it out.
- Some resources are good for some individuals or couples, but not of use to others. When I share a resource like this I will make mention of this fact.
- If you have a problem with an affiliate, I do want to hear from you. I can’t fix things, but I can contact the affiliate on your behalf. If I feel a real problem is ignored, I will stop promoting that affiliate.
- If you want to do some on-line shopping that will put a few pennies in my pocket, start here. Most major retailers listed!
How do you come to the conclusion that sharing something has anything to do with being sexy, unless your sharing sex, makes no sense I didn't find anything sexy about your blog above:Occasionally you will see (Aff Link) after a link