Not enough time or energy for sex
This is part of the ongoing How do you get an uninterested or unwilling wife to have more sex? series.
For a lot of guys it’s virtually impossible to be too tried for sex, but for most women lack or energy and time are significant hurdles to wanting and enjoying sex. Sex is more difficult for women, even if they really desire it. Their bodies don’t respond as quickly as ours do, and being tired makes that even worse. What’s more, those multi-tasking brains of theirs make it difficult to focus on sex, and if she can’t focus on it, she can’t enjoy it. Clearly then, being busy minded is going to hurt her sexually.
Beyond all of this, the more tired she is, the longer it will take her to reach climax. What’s more, there is a level of tiredness at which climax becomes impossible. This means a tired woman has the very real possibility of getting sexually aroused, but not being able to climax – and yes, that is as frustrating and potentially painful for them as it is for us. Unlike us, not having sex causes the desire to lessen. So for an overly busy woman, there is a certain logic in avoiding sex – the need goes away, and she avoids potential frustration.
If you want regular, good sex, you MUST make time for it. Not just the time to have the sex, but also the time she needs to unwind physically and mentally.
Other parts of this series (current page in bold):
- How do you get an uninterested or unwilling wife to have more sex?
- Shifting blame to avoid sex, and to avoid dealing with avoiding sex
- Relational intimacy vs sexual intimacy
- She does not enjoy sex
- She does not enjoy sex – physical pain or discomfort
- She feels it’s wrong/bad/dirty/shameful/sinful
- Past sexual trauma
- Not enough time or energy for sex
- She just has not experienced how great sex can be
- Sexual desire in women – spontaneous or triggered?
- Wrapping it up