How is your Spiritual life’s R factor?
I’m going to finish torturing the heating and insulation metaphor today with the danger of being spiritually cold.
Most of us understand the importance of our spiritual lives. However, accepting the importance and actually doing things to benefit this area are two different things. Because the spiritual is unseen, it is easy to ignore it, or put it so far down the list of priorities we rarely get to it.
Beyond the personal need, and more relevant to this blog, is the need to have a “shared walk” with your spouse. If it is important to/for you, it is important to/for your marriage, and this is certainly true for your walk with the Lord. So, here are some ideas for keeping your spiritual walk warm:
- Do a Bible study together. My bride has a great post on this today.
- Set aside a time each week, or a couple of times each week, to discuss how you and your bride are doing spiritually.
- Share with your wife what you are praying about, and what you would like her to be praying for you. Encourage her to do the same.
- At least once a year, get along together, talk, and pray about the last year and what you would like to see for the next year. (Your anniversary is a great time to do this.)
- Attend church together, and then discuss the message/lesson/sermon.
- Look for retreats to go to as a couple or individually. If she wants to go to a women’s retreat, do everything you can to make it possible.
Links to blog posts that stood out to me this last week:
3 Ways to Find More Time Together ◄ Great Third Alternative ways to have more time together.
Married to an Awful Gift-Giver? ◄ If you, or your spouse, are a gifts love language person you really need to read this.
The Generous Wife
Saving Together ◄ Pick a goal, start saving.
A Little Sanity, Please! ◄ Some thoughts on gift giving this year.
How Can I? ◄ This is just brilliant!
Near ◄ Working together is a great way to talk together.
Journey to Surrender
Shame Solutions ◄ A great follow up to last weeks post.
Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage
Scrambled Eggs ◄ Apparently God is not into unscrambling eggs.
It’s Okay to Ask for Help ◄ And you should not expect it if you don’t ask.
One Flesh Marriage
The Worst Thing to Do With Your Past ◄ “Freedom from your past is found as you share it.” YES!!!
The Romantic Vineyard
She Loves Me…She Loves Me Not ◄ Sometimes our thoughts are as silly as the daisy game.
Dinner Date Night Ideas ◄ Try something new.
Joy In The Rhythm of Life/strong> ◄ Have you found this? If not, start looking!
Stupendous Marriage Show 59: Premature Ejaculation, Taking Thoughts Captive and Things Husbands Do ◄ I’ve not gotten to hear this yet, but it looks like a good one.
…to Love Honor and Vacuum
How to Keep a Healthy Sex Life with Teens in the House ◄ Teens should not be a form of birth control!