8 Acts of Service
Acts of service are always appreciated, but are especially important for a woman whose love language is acts of service. Below are eight general acts, with just a few suggestions of how to live out each. Customise for your life and your wife.
- Close: Close a door, a cabinet, a drawer, or anything else you, she, or the kids have left open.
- Move: Carry laundry to where it goes, carry in the groceries, carry anything-halfway heavy even if she could do it.
- Fill: The ice trays, the salt shaker, the car’s gas tank.
- Clean: Clean up after yourself (novel concept, I know) and after your bride and the kids. Look for two-minute clean-up jobs – things you can do right away.
- Herd: The kids, or the pets, or both.
- Replace: Light bulbs, the toilet paper, the sliver of soap in the shower.
- Cook: Fancy if you can, simple if not. Be sure to follow this with #4.
- Repair: Do not let those minor repairs go; deal with them ASAP. Be aware of things she cannot fix due to height, her strength, or her skills, and the things she hates to fix.