9 Romantic Acts
Romance is difficult for many men, as it seems there are no clear rules. I think of romance as an act of love that shows you were thinking about her when thinking of her when the two of you were apart.
Here are a few to get you going – try and then modify based on your results:
- Flowers: Yes, it is one of the first things we think of when we think of romantic – which is the point.
- Candle light: Adding a candle to almost any event makes it more romantic. Candles in a glass container are safer and easier to store.
- A walk: Not just any walk, an evening walk in the neighbourhood where you dated, or some other place with good memories. A nice park works well too.
- Heart shaped sticky notes: Leave them around with words of love. Toss out a few once a week or so, some in obvious places, some not.
- Breakfast in bed: Presentation is a big part of this: set a nice looking tray and include a flower.
- Remember those special days: This is basic, but critical. Set a reminder on your phone or computer, or try an on-line reminder service.
- Text her: Send a short love note, or just a “Thinking about you”. Do this often, but not on a set schedule.
- Make eye contact: Good any time, but especially effective across a crowded room. Get her attention and then smile or wink.
- A love letter: Doing this right takes a fair amount of work, but its well worth it. More thoughts on this here and here.