Do you use artificial lubricant during sex? If not, you should give it a try.
Artificial lube isn’t just for women who don’t make enough natural lubricant to have sex without pain. Her tissues are very delicate, far more so than the skin of your penis; even if she seems plenty wet to you sex may be causing her some discomfort. She might not feel anything during sex (our brains tend to ignore pain during sex) but may be sore the next day. If she’s never willing to have sex two days in a row, this could be part of the reason.
Lubricant is especially likely to be needed in the following situations:
- Using hormonal contraceptives
- Peri-menopause and menopause
- You are wide
- Positions that put more pressure on one part of her vagina (rear entry for example)
- Prolonged intercourse
- Very vigorous thrusting
You may be thinking she’d say something if she had any discomfort. Some women will, but some are too embarrassed, and some just accept it as part of sex. Why not discuss it? Alternatively, get some lube and then suggest trying it. By the way, lube can also be used for foreplay, and make sensations much better.
There are a great many lubes available, and ultimately it comes down to personal taste:
- Water based, such as KY: Inexpensive and effective, but they tend to dry out and get sticky, especially if used for manual sex.
- Wet flavoured: Water based lubricants with flavour added – great if there will be some oral sex.
- Silicon based, such as Wet Platinum: Thinner, more slippery, and longer lasting than water based products. Particularly good for manual sex and prolonged intercourse. Costs more, but you will need less. (Note – can transfer in the wash and stain some fabrics, so don’t wash sheets or towels with other clothing.)
- Astroglide: a unique water based product many people really like.
- Coconut Oil: some folks absolutely rave about this stuff. It is a solid at room temperature, but melts to a liquid at skin temperature.
One final note, if your bride is given to yeast infections, avoid any lubricant containing glycerine.