If I Could Time Travel…
Ever think about what you would try to teach your younger self if you got a change to do a bit of time travel? Maybe it’s just me, or maybe it’s what happens to a Sci-Fi fan after age fifty.
I don’t think I would try to help myself avoid specific problems or errors; those things made me who I am, and I’m generally happy with who I am. I would work more on thought processes I’ve changed over the years, trying to get those things to change sooner in my life.
For example – I would try to teach my younger self to better discern what matters and what does not matter. Much of what seemed so important to me when I was young turns out to be unimportant.
The short list of what I would try to tell myself:
- People are important, things are not.
- Love is our number one job, duty, and act of worship.
- Unmerited grace and forgiveness are exceptionally powerful, able to change minds and heal hearts.
- Hasty words are often regretted; words spoken after thought and prayer are rarely a problem.
- It is better to be wronged by another than to wrong another.
- Learn to die to your preferences.
- Until you deal with your past, it controls you.
Shop to Give:
Yes, you can really earn me some money by using the shop to give links like the ones below. Full page here.