If you and your wife are going to have any dates this month, you probably need to nail that down right now.
A few ideas:
- Coffee date: Pick a place and a time and meet. If you can do this weekly all month even better. This works even if you’re both busy and have to come from different places and go different places after.
- School’s out date: When the kids are out of school for Christmas break there are a lot of teenage girls ready to make some money babysitting. An afternoon date may be easier to arrange, and it cuts the crowds.
- Hot chocolate and Christmas lights: Load up the thermos, hop in the car, and have some fun.
- Sex and room service: Check into a nice hotel for a few hours. This is a good way to use a babysitter.
- Christmas Eve movie: Lori and I started doing this in 1994, and I don’t think we have missed a year since. We used to be the only ones in the theatre. Still not overly crowded, and great fun.
- Shopping: Okay, this is more than a bit of a sacrifice for most guys. But if it makes her life better and gives you time together, it’s all good, right?
12%: We continue to ask for your prayers and financial help. We are at 12% of our goal, which is right on track with past years. You can give online or send a check to The Marriage Bed at the address below. Donations are tax-deductible in the US.
The Marriage Bed
4641 Lyons Hill Road
Springdale, WA 99173-9708