(Aff Link) and Monetised links
Occasionally you will see (Aff Link) after a link, or “Links may be monetised” at the bottom of a post.
- The short version of this is I am going to get a bit of money if you follow that link and make a purchase.
- The long version is that I’m looking for ways to make some money from what I do here so I can work less and have more time to do what I do here. HOWEVER, I refuse to promote something because I will make money if what I am promoting is not something I think will really help my readers. Your trust means too much to me to promote junk. We’ve been told we have a rather high response rate when we share a link – affiliate or otherwise. I assume that happens because we have a record of providing good quality links. I’m not going to ruin what it took a decade to build just to make a few dollars.
- I get a lot of emails asking me to promote something, and I reject the majority. Feel free to contact me, but if it’s a book I want to read it, and if it’s a service I want to check it out.
- Some resources are good for some individuals or couples, but not of use to others. When I share a resource like this I will make mention of this fact.
- If you have a problem with an affiliate, I do want to hear from you. I can’t fix things, but I can contact the affiliate on your behalf. If I feel a real problem is ignored, I will stop promoting that affiliate.
- If you want to do some on-line shopping that will put a few pennies in my pocket, start here. Most major retailers listed!